I know this is late posting this month. I have been super busy with work, the garden, and home stuff. July is always a busy time of year. Unfortunately, it has also been the hottest month of the year so far with more than a few day reaching 100 or more degrees.
But before I dig in and reflect on the past 31 days….don’t forget to pin me!
Level 10 Life First Quarter Goals
- Go on a date once a month—Hubby and I went to the mall (which was rather depressing) and then out to eat at Crabby’s Cajun. The food was wonderful. The tables were covered in brown paper and they brought your meal out in a bag that was steamed. So they gave you a bag and a bucket 🙂 The crab was mouthwatering.
- Watch a movie together once a month—we didn’t watch a movie together, but we did watch the first few episodes of Cursed on Netflix.
- Go on a vacation together this year…..With the pandemic in full swing, I really don’t want to expose myself or my kids more than I have to so we are going to hold off on this goal, but I am still saving money so we can go.
- Go on a date once per quarter with kids—the kids and I spent time working in the garden this month. I ordered pizza for them to eat, so I guess we had a stay in date.
- Go on an outing once per quarter—the ban on travel has started to lift, but I am not ready to chance it just yet.
- Finish reading the old testament—so far I have read through half of Isaiah. Reading is going slow this month. Usually I like to read before I go to work, but i have been having to wake up and go to work extra early.
- Journal, Journal, Journal—I journaled quite a bit this month, however I think I am going to incorporate short journaling spurts into my daily bullet journal entries. I don’t always have a lot to talk about, but I can make a small note about what happened throughout the day.
Posts for July
Just like the moon affects the ocean tides, it can also affect our emotions. There are a few simple things you can do to help your inner energy flow with the rhythm of this celestial body. Tuning into what is happening to your body, mind, and soul during each moon phase helps to manifest your intentions and urges you forward through your own journey of personal growth and self-development.
Bullet Journal Blogs You Must Follow | Looking for bullet journal ideas? Want to snag some free bullet journal spreads or learn about bullet journal set up? Click through to find out more.
An in depth review of the Zen Art Supplies Bullet Journal B5 Modernista Series.
- Work on rewrite for Forbidden— I haven’t written a single word this month. Man—–I am going to have to do something to find my mojo again.
- Finish editing chapter 4, 5, and 6 of the Repentant Son—
Shows I’ve Watched
- Cursed on Netflix–This is a nice series that both I and Hubby have enjoyed. The main girl isn’t invincible but shows great strength when put into precarious situations.
- To Ra Do Ra on Netflix— I like this anime. It is cute and I like how the guy falls for the girl before she falls for him. They have cute chemistry. The main girl also have major mood swings so you never know what she is going to do next.
- It’s Okay To Not Be Okay—I was on the fence about this drama before I started it. Both the main leads, I fell in love with in other dramas, but the subject of this one just didn’t pull me in. The main girl is completely insane. She is arrogant but caring, mean but nice. Basically she is an oxymoron in human form. The main guy, he is smart, witty, and knows what he wants in life. His goals are clear. There is a third character, the main guy’s brother who is mentally challenged and tends to bring the two mains together.
- Psychic Princess—who ever wrote the script for this manga, did a good job. This is a comical, fun loving manga with a bit of romance and action thrown into the mix. I love the two little ghosts and how they tend to help the main girl thrive through all of her struggles.
Other Bullets That Weren’t Bullets
I put up a lot of tomatoes this month. I had gotten quite a few out of the garden and then my dad gave me a lot more. It was hard work, but my youngest son helped, so i guess you could say it was also a bonding moment.
Also, I had a week of quiet time while all the boys in my house were gone to their uncle’s house for three weeks. It was nice having alone time with just me and hubby. We need some “us” time too. Little moments like this are what make the time we have together precious.
A Review of My July BUJO Doodles
July was a get down to business month. I didn’t really doodle very much in my bullet journal, but rather used it as a means of keeping up with all the important tasks I wanted to accomplish. This helped me to be super productive, especially when trying to balance garden work, blogging, and self care (which is a huge thing for me!)
July has been one hot and busy month. I managed to get a lot of work done in the garden and put up a good harvest for the upcoming winter months. July has been a month for family too as I had a lot of alone time with hubby and managed to squeeze in more than a few bonding moments with the kiddos.
My August Bullet Journal Setup
August marks the start of a new bullet journal. I have used my current bullet journal for a long time and have finally run out of pages. After much searching, I decided to try the Zen Art Supplies Bullet Journal B5 Modernista Series. Check out my review by clicking here.
My bullet journal reflects a ZEN kind of mind frame which goes along well with my new Namaste Dragon Fruit Cactus.
Spreads To Include In New Bullet Journal
- Future Log
- 2020-2021 Moon Cycle
- My Budget Plan
- Debt Tracker
- Bible Reading
- Lady Time
- Master Goal List
- Blog Lovin
- Blog Notes
These are just some of the spreads I use very often and wanted to include in my new bullet journal set up.
I hope to stay organized and maintain a productive lifestyle throughout the month of August. At the same time, I want to focus on my own health and self care after work as I need to take time to relax and enjoy my family. So I guess most of my “busy home life” is going to happen on the weekends—but there’s nothing wrong with that.
If you haven’t already joined the Bullet Journal Lifestyle Tribe on Facebook—-please do! This group is slowly growing and I would love to have you in it.