Just like the moon affects the ocean tides, it can also affect our emotions. There are a few simple things you can do to help your inner energy flow with the rhythm of this celestial body. Tuning into what is happening to your body, mind, and soul during each moon phase helps to manifest your intentions and urges you forward through your own journey of personal growth and self-development.
Before we dig in, don’t forget to follow me on pinterest and pin this post for later.
What are the phases of the moon?
There are 8 different lunar phases each month: New Moon, Waxing Crescent, First Quarter, Waxing Gibbous, Full Moon, Waning Gibbous, Last Quarter (or Third Quarter), and Waning Crescent.
Just like the Earth, half of the moon is always illuminated by sunlight (like night and day). The phase we see in the night sky is a result of the moon’s position to the sun.
Keeping a moon journal is a great way to track your self development progression. There are many benefits to keeping a moon journal.
- Awareness of your connection to the universe. Journaling through the phases of the moon helps to make you feel connected to something much bigger than yourself.
- Record of the changes of energy flow through your body, mind and spirit. Everyone has an inner energy flowing through them. Just like the moon affects the tides, it also affects (though sometimes unknowingly) the flow of energy within yourself. Keeping a record of how you are feeling, your thoughts, and level of vitality will help you understand what your body is experiencing during each phase.
- Manifest a better future. Manifesting is the power of the spoken word brought into fruition. Manifesting your hopes and aspirations during each moon cycles helps to center your mind on the here and now. It recharges your energy levels and promotes a happier, healthier state of mind.
How To Start A Moon Journal
Your journal can be as simple as adding a page to your current bujo during each phase of the moon, or having a separate journal all together for this practice.
I add a page into my current bullet journal. This helps me keep my thoughts focused on my goals while allowing me to reflect on all of my recent and past accomplishments.
Powerful Questions To Ask Yourself During The Full Moon
The full moon is a time for reflecting on your current being, meditating on your goals and aspirations, recharging your inner energies, and showing gratitude for all you have experienced and overcome.
Each full moon corresponds with a new moon from a previous month in relation to the zodiac. Below is the list of Moon starting January 10, 2020
|Zodiac||Signant||Full Moon||New Moon|
|Cancer||Wolf||January 10||July 20|
|Leo||Snow||February 9||August 18|
|Virgo||Worm||March 9||September 17|
|Libra||Pink||April 7||October 16|
|Scorpio||Flower||May 7||November 15|
|Sagittarius||Strawberry||June 5||December 14|
|Capricorn||Buck||July 5||January 24|
|Aquarius||Sturgeon||August 3||February 23|
|Pisces||Corn||September 2||March 24|
|Aries||Hunter||October 1||April 22|
|Taurus||Hunter||October 31||May 22|
|Gemini||Beaver||November 30||June 21|
|Cancer||Cold||December 29||July 20|
Questions For Reflection
- What were you experiencing during the corresponding new moon (six months ago)?
- What were your intentions during that corresponding new moon (six months ago)?
- Do you have the same intentions now?
- How have you progressed in your journey?
- How have you grown as a person?
- What is something you can do (1 simple action) to continue moving forward toward your intentions?
Questions For Recharging Your Inner Energies
- What are your most important goals right now? Why are they important?
- What is obstructing you from reaching your goals?
- Where are you not fully realizing your potential due to fear of going against the grain or risk of embarrassment?
- What is the most important action step you can take during this full moon to step out of your box and leap toward your intention?
Questions For Meditation
- What has happened since the last new moon (28 days ago)?
- How have your intentions manifested?
- How has your life changed over the past month?
- Are you comfortable with this change?
- What could you do differently?
Questions For Showing Gratitude
- What are you thankful for?
- What’s an accomplishment you are proud of?
- What are you looking forward to?
- What do you like best about yourself?
- What do you like best about your current circumstances?
- What do you love most about life?
Take some time and sit with these questions and don’t rush through them. Meditate and write out anything that comes to mind. The practice of journaling helps to unlock your inner thoughts and free your mind of the burdens it carries each day. Beneath the full moon, look up to the heavens, and allow yourself to feel worthy of your place within this great universe because you are worthy.