May came and went by so quickly. It rained for most of the month…..literally 23 out of 31 days. I’m so happy to see the blue sky again. As much as the garden needed rain, I am happy to have a break from it. Speaking of the garden, my number 1 post for May was How To Create Your Garden Journal Using the Bullet Journal Method with over 450 views for the month! If you haven’t checked it out, click on the link above.
My goals for this month weren’t many. It is the start of garden season so I knew I wouldn’t spend much time doing anything else.
- Read Proverbs
- Start planting the summer garden
- Pull all my left over seeds in dirt
- Spend time on myself
Level 10 Life First Quarter Goals
- Go on a date once a month—Well, we didn’t get to go out to eat, but we did finally get some chinese from Jin Jin. It was good.
- Watch a movie together once a month—-we watched the Sast skywalker, Moana, and Frozen 2 together.
- Go on a vacation together this year…..currently saving up money so we can do this. Hopefully we will get to go in July
- Go on a date once per quarter with kids—instead of a date this month, we had breakfast around a campfire in the back yard. My youngest built a fire pit and we cooked eggs and bacon in cast iron pans. It was fun.
- Go on an outing once per quarter—the ban on travel has started to lift, but I am not ready to chance it just yet.
- Finish reading the old testament—so far I have read through Proverbs. I have to admit that I didn’t like this book as much as I thought I would. Some of the proverbs didn’t make sense to me. The next book to read is Ecclesiastes.
- Journal, Journal, Journal—I have written in my journal only a few times so far this month, however I have added quite a few spreads to my bullet journal. I am having fun drawing. This month’s theme is butterflies and dragonflies. I bought some new metallic markers and a sticker pad to use this month.
Posts for May: I finished reading the Air Awakens Series by Elise Kova. I absolutely loved it! Vhalla Yarl is my new favorite heroine right beside Katniss Everdeen. The world Kova created is remarkable. I wish they would turn this story into a movie. You can check out my reviews on my page Book Reviews by Cynthia.
Vhalla and Aldrik find themselves at the front line of combat. Vhalla, inexperience and untrained, must defy all odds and find a way to survive.
Vhalla Yarl is both strong and courageous. She pushes forward and fights fate at every turn. The emperor would use her as a tool to win his war and become all powerful. But power comes with a price.
Vhalla Yarl braves the wilds of the empire on her own. Leaving the safety of the tower, Vhalla flees from the castle and finds refuge in a small town. She turns to what she knows best, study and reading. Determined to learn all she can about the Knights of Jadar, Vhalla plunges head first into myth and legend.
All pretense is gone between Vhalla and Aldrik (FINALLY!). No one and nothing is going to stop them from being together. Vhalla with her rag tag team of warrior-adventurers vow to put an end to the evil threatening all the people of the Solaris empire.
- Work on rewrite for Forbidden— I have ignored this series this month and focuses on the Repentant Son.
- Finish editing chapter 4, 5, and 6 of the Repentant Son—I moved the chapters from my laptop to Google Docs and started working on them when I have down time at work. Editing on my phone adds versatility to my writing time. If you haven’t read the first book of this series, you can get it free below.
Shows I’ve Watched
- Ming Dynasty: This is a very long drama. I really liked the beginning of this drama, but lost interest midway through. The story line seemed to go dry.
- Girlfriend: I found this one on youtube. I am thoroughly enjoying watching this and hope the two main characters figure it out. I love it when the guy falls in love with the girl first. Its great!
- Chang’An Youth: This one is hilarious. I found myself choking on water while laughing at some of the crazy antics the MCs go through.
- The Romance of Tiger and Rose: This drama has Zhao Lu Si, one of my favorite actresses that acts more on the funny side rather than serious. The main story line is comical from beginning to end. I can’t wait to see what is going to happen next.
Other Bullets That Weren’t Bullets
The boys and I woke up early to watch the Atlas V launch into space. It was fun sitting around the TV with them first thing in the morning and Bonding over space exploration. I think I was more excited about it than they were though.
I played a lot of Elder Scrolls Online. It is my new obsession. I like being able to explore and pillage! It is a lot like Skyrim except that I get to play with other people. I broke down and bought the ESO pass that allows me to have better things throughout the game.
While playing, I met some new friends from Canada. Meeting new people might not be a big deal for many people but it is a huge deal for me. I tend to be anti social and a bit socially awkward. But that’s OK. I am having a good time getting to know them while destroying bad guys around the world…….best of all—they are geeky like me.
A Review of My May BUJO Doodles
I used my new Pen & Gear metallic markers to create May’s spreads (picked them up from walmart) They worked wonderfully and didn’t bleed through. For the white dots on the butterfly wings and the words, I used Gelly Roll pens of various sizes. I put a link below for your convenience if you want to check them out. They did a great job. It was very similar to having a white out pen, but with a glossy finish.
In The Garden
My garden is coming along right nicely. So far, I have planted tomatoes (beefy tomatoes) my dad gave me, early summer squash, corn, zucchini, eggplant, and carrots. We had a ton of rain this month, so everything isn’t looking as good as I’d hoped. Hopefully the weather will start to cooperate and my garden will take off.
Blueberries are starting to slowly come in. I had to rip out the chinese cabbage. It went to seed with all of the rain.
May has been a very productive and enjoyable month. I spent a lot of time with family and was able to pursue my own interests as well. I got a lot accomplished and still managed to have time to read, play games, garden, and write.
My June Bullet Journal Setup
I am really enjoying playing ESO online so I thought it would be cool to make this month’s theme RPG. Turning my weekly planner into a real life RPG was challenging, but I am thoroughly happy with the result. I think I will blog about RPG Bullet Journaling later this month….stay tuned.
If you haven’t already joined the Bullet Journal Lifestyle Tribe on Facebook—-please do! This group is slowly growing and I would love to have you in it.