April is officially over. Spring has sprung. The birds are singing and pollen pollutes the air. April is my favorite month of the year. It is the month where I feel the most creative and productive. I have added a lot of new spreads to my bullet journal this month and marked off quite a few bullets in my list.
My goals for this month:
- Finish Psalms (4 chapters per day)—done!
- Save $450 in my savings account—–done!
- Clean the carpets (both the upstairs and downstairs)—–done!
- Put away my winter clothes—–done!
- Wash the kids bedding—–done!
- Plant my spring garden——done!
- Blog each week—-done! (See the list of posts below)
- Edit Starborn Chapter 6-8—–done!
Level 10 Life First Quarter Goals
- Go on a date once a month—Yeah right! There’s a pandemic going on. The best we can hope for is to buy some take out and bring it back home. I MISS CHINESE FOOD!
- Watch a movie together once a month—-we didn’t watch a movie, but Hubby and I have watch Sabrina on netflix together. The show is a bit creepy.
- Go on a vacation together this year…..currently saving up money so we can do this.
- Go on a date once per quarter with kids—the kids and I went to Moe’s Southwest Grill. Since we can’t eat inside, they got it to go and we ate it in the car. It was fun. That was the first time I had ever eater a burrito from Moe’s.
- Go on an outing once per quarter—we can’t go anywhere unless it is necessary travel. As soon as the ban is lifted, I hope to travel to a new city either in Tennessee, near the coast, or in North Carolina.
- Finish reading the old testament—so far I have read through Psalms. I have been keeping up with the four chapters each day. Psalms is not my favorite book of the bible. Old poetry and song just isn’t my thing. I would rather read about the struggles of and the people and the way God has worked in their lives. For May, I hope to make it through proverbs. I am excited to start this book of the bible. There is something about proverbs that arouses my senses and tantalizes my mind.
- Journal, Journal, Journal—I have written in my journal only a few times so far this month, however I have added quite a few spreads to my bullet journal. I am having fun drawing. This month’s theme is black, red, and cherry blossoms. For May I plan on focusing on spring butterflies and fire flies, but more on that later.
Posts for April: I haven’t really posted anything this month other than book reviews. I have been reading a lot lately on my kindle—-that was until my phone went kablooey. My new phone arrived right before my birthday! It is a Google Pixel S3. I like it a lot….plus the fact that I got it on a steal of a deal! I did create a new page for my blog: Book Reviews by Cynthia I like how it turned out. Let me know what you think or if you have any suggestions to make it better.
April 2020 Mid Month Review | An inside look at my 2020 goals and Level 10 Life plan
Maisey Parker and Cronus come to a truce after a temporary separation. Cronus needs Maisey if he is going to save the world. They will have to go through unimaginable trials, fight against the old prejudices, and figure out where they stand with each other.
When titans awaken, the earth will tremble. Throw in the gods of the pantheon and Pandora’s box, and you have whirlwind adventure. Embark on a journey of a lifetime.
Kidnapped to the tower where the sorcerers live, Vhalla learns she has magic within her. Growing up, Vhalla’s opinion of magic and sorcery was not well formed. With the help of a teacher in the shadows, and lots of hidden notes left in books in the library, Vhalla learns that magic is not something she should fear.
- Work on rewrite for Forbidden— I have worked on the next few chapters of this story. I love the characters within this story and hope to bring out their charisma and charm for others to love as well.
- Finish editing chapter 4, 5, and 6 of the Repentant Son—Okay, this book is on the back burner for some reason. It is not that I don’t like the story….I love it. I think I just need to find my mojo and passion for it again.
Shows I’ve Watched
- The Killing of 3000 Crows: I love this drama. The story line is intense and the love story is intoxicating. I love the two main characters and how they test/rouse each other to be more than what they are. They go beyond their own means in order to become more than fate intended them to be.
- Ming Dynasty: This is a very long drama. So far it is good, but the story line is starting to get a bit slow. I hope it picks up again in the future.
- Girlfriend: I found this one on youtube. The whole drama hasn’t aired yet but so far it has been very comical. I am thoroughly enjoying watching it.
- Chang’An Youth: I started watching this one toward the end of the month. It is hilarious. I found myself choking on water while laughing at some of the crazy antics the MCs go through.
Other Bullets That Weren’t Bullets
We had a tornado come through near us and blow down a lot of trees. It was awful. The wind howled and roared outside the window. Luckily, no one in our neighborhood sustained a lot of damage. Their was one casualty…..my almond tree. It took a while but I finally managed to clean up my yard. Lots of wheel barrows later and a full compost and my yard looks livable again.
I started playing Elder Scrolls Online. I really like the game. I like being able to explore and pillage! It is a lot like Skyrim except that I get to play with other people. I really find it relaxing. I am thinking about buying the yearly ESO pass so I can have all the upgrades, but I haven’t figured out if I really want to spend my hard earned money on that yet.
A Review of My April BUJO Doodles
In The Garden
My garden is coming along right nicely. So far, I have planted tomatoes (beefy tomatoes) my dad gave me, edamame, daikon radishes, big jim red peppers, chinese cabbage, early summer squash, corn, zucchini and carrots. My garden plan differs a little from year to year, depending on my mood.
My youngest son and I worked on putting together a strawberry box. Over the years, the strawberries have spread out throughout the garden. I didn’t think I had many strawberries left. When we finished, we ended up with over 30 strawberry plants. Wow! I didn’t realize I had so many.
April has been an awesome and productive month. I have gotten a lot accomplished both in my personal life and my work life. My garden is coming along nicely and I am having fun finding my passion for writing again.
My May Bullet Journal Setup
May is when buds start to open, limbs turn green, and berries begin to form on the bush. Butterflies and dragonflies are going to be the theme for May. I bought some new bullet journal stickers and Pen & Gear Metallic Markers to use for this month. Also, I got some new washi tape.
If you haven’t already joined the Bullet Journal Lifestyle Tribe on Facebook—-please do! This group is slowly growing and I would love to have you in it.