April. The month of bird song and the smell of dirt. I love April. Not only is this month the month where I can start putting seeds into the ground, it is also my birthday month.
I am a Taurus through and through. Born in the year of the Ox. I will be 35 years old this month. I plan on making every day count. The month of April is all about me. It’s not selfish when I give the other 11 months of my life to the rest of the world.
My goals for this month:
- Finish Psalms (4 chapters per day)
- Save $450 in my savings account
- Clean the carpets (both the upstairs and downstairs)
- Put away my winter clothes
- Wash the kids bedding
- Plant my spring garden
- Blog each week
- Edit Starborn Chapter 6-8
Level 10 Life First Quarter Goals
- Go on a date once a month—Yeah right! There’s a pandemic going on. The best we can hope for is to buy some take out and bring it back home. I MISS CHINESE FOOD!
- Watch a movie together once a month—-we didn’t watch a movie, but Hubby and I have watch Sabrina on netflix together. The show is a bit creepy.
- Go on a vacation together this year…..currently saving up money so we can do this.
- Go on a date once per quarter with kids—the kids and I went to Moe’s Southwest Grill. Since we can’t eat inside, they got it to go and we ate it in the car. It was fun. That was the first time I had ever eater a burrito from Moe’s.
- Go on an outing once per quarter—we can’t go anywhere unless it is necessary travel. As soon as the ban is lifted, I hope to travel to a new city either in Tennessee, near the coast, or in North Carolina.
- Finish reading the old testament—so far I have read through Psalms Chapter 113. I have been keeping up with the four chapters each day. Psalms is not my favorite book of the bible. Old poetry and song just isn’t my thing. I would rather read about the struggles of and the people and the way God has worked in their lives.
- Journal, Journal, Journal—I have written in my journal only a few times so far this month, however I have added quite a few spreads to my bullet journal. I am having fun drawing. This month’s theme is black, red, and cherry blossoms.
2020 Goal List for April
Make Self Care A Priority—I have taken time for myself more frequently this month. I bought myself a PS4. I can’t wait to play Elder Scrolls online. Right now, I have several games that I like. I downloaded Horizon Zero Dawn. It is a pretty awesome adventure. Also, I have Modern Warfare that Hubby and I play together. It is a lot of fun.
Carpet Clean the Upstairs and Downstairs—-Hubby took care of the upstairs. Just have the downstairs to go.
Spend time with family— There’s a pandemic going on! 6 feet apart is the rule. This takes visiting family off the list for this month. I have gone over and sat outside with my mom and dad and talked on the phone with them a lot.
Posts for April: I haven’t really posted anything this month other than book reviews. I have been reading a lot lately on my kindle—-that was until my phone went kablooey. My new phone should arrive to the house on my birthday!
Kidnapped to the tower where the sorcerers live, Vhalla learns she has magic within her. Growing up, Vhalla’s opinion of magic and sorcery was not well formed. With the help of a teacher in the shadows, and lots of hidden notes left in books in the library, Vhalla learns that magic is not something she should fear.
When titans awaken, the earth will tremble. Throw in the gods of the pantheon and Pandora’s box, and you have whirlwind adventure. Embark on a journey of a lifetime.
Maisey Parker and Cronus come to a truce after a temporary separation. Cronus needs Maisey if he is going to save the world. They will have to go through unimaginable trials, fight against the old prejudices, and figure out where they stand with each other.
Other than updating my book reviews, I have created a new page called Book Reviews by Cynthia. This is a page where all the books I read and review are listed, as well as my own books. I also updated all of my old book review posts. Click Here to check them out.
I am still cleaning out the clutter on my website too. Small steps are still steps. The turtle didn’t have to rush to finish the race!
- Work on rewrite for Forbidden— I have planned on working on this during my Vacation week in April. So far, I just haven’t felt the drive to crack open the book and start writing. But maybe I will feel it soon.
- Finish editing chapter 4, 5, and 6 of the Repentant Son—Okay, this book is on the back burner for some reason. It is not that I don’t like the story….I love it. I think I just need to find my mojo again.
Shows I’ve Watched
- The Killing of 3000 Crows: I love this drama. The story line is intense and the love story is intoxicating. I love the two main characters and how they test/rouse each other to be more than what they are. They go beyond their own means in order to become more than fate intended them to be.
- Ming Dynasty: This is a very long drama. So far it is good, but the story line is starting to get a bit slow. I hope it picks up again in the future.
- Girlfriend: I found this one on youtube. The whole drama hasn’t aired yet but so far it has been very comical. I am thoroughly enjoying watching it.
Other Bullets That Weren’t Bullets
We had a tornado come through near us and blow down a lot of trees. It was awful. The wind howled and roared outside the window. Luckily, no one in our neighborhood sustained a lot of damage. Their was one casualty…..my almond tree.
The neighbor’s pear tree split in half and fell over the fence…landing on my almond tree. I was so upset. I have babied that tree for three years. It finally had one bloom on it this year. Now, all I can hope for is that it will somehow recover. If not, I might have to buy another one or try to root one (or three) from the limbs.
April has been a nice, stress free month. I am focusing on what makes me happy and not putting pressure on myself to be more or do more than I physically/mentally want to. I am still working toward my goals and focusing on making my life a life of my own design.
For the remaining days of the month, I want to look and my overall goals and see what I can do to take small steps toward a healthier, happier life style. I hope to nurture this way of living and inspire my kids and my hubby to do the same.