A lot has happened this month, not only in the world with the recent pandemic, but in my life in general. At the beginning of this month, both of my boys had their yearly physicals. Both came out well, but the doctor did show some concern about my youngest and his mental health. I had to explain that my son has been under a lot of pressure at school. On top of school, he has to deal with puberty. Ugh!
I did get to go on a date with my boys to tropical grill this month. I love their curry sauce. It was fun getting out, just the three of us. My oldest son broke his collar bone in February. We have had to go through several doctor’s appointment this month and x-rays. The good news is that he has healed up well and is back to his normal naughty self.
March’s theme was all about Koi fish and adding a little balance into my life. The month started out with me working 11-13 hours a day, but thankfully, now I am able to put in 9.5-10 hours per day. My new retail manager started about 2 weeks ago and I was able to transition back into the office manager position.
I would rather work in the office, crunching numbers, and helping out where help is needed. Although I don’t mind managing people, I don’t babysitting. I would rather manage a group of responsible, goal driven individuals rather than a group of entry level employees.
Level 10 Life First Quarter Goals
- Go on a date once per month—due to the spread of the pandemic, we didn’t go out that much this month, but we did spend some time together play COD Modern Warfare. Hubby even made me a profile with a chicken as the avatar! As a family we went out to NY Pizza in clemson. It was pretty good.
- Watch a movie together once a month—this hasn’t happened this month as we have kind of drifted off doing our own things on the weekends.
- Spend some one on one time with the boys—the boys each went to the store with me at some point in time this month and did a little bit of shopping. My youngest is very cost conscientious while my oldest wants to buy everything.
- Go on a date once per quarter with kids—went to tropical grill!
- Go on an outing once per quarter—Went to Hendersonville, NC in January
So far, I am 22 chapters into Psalms. I have slowed down on reading, but now that I don’t have to be at work at the crack of dawn, I hope to pick it back up.
I haven’t spent a lot of time blogging this month. Mostly I have been coming home and watching the news, looking for any information that might affect my work. I hope to put some more focus on my blog in the next quarter, maybe developing the gardening section some more……who knows!
Post Each Week:
February 2020 End of Month Review| An inside look at my 2020 goals and my Level 10 Life plan. Plus a glance at my March Bullet Journal setup
Chakras are the 7 divine energies flowing within our bodies at any given time. Balancing your Muladhara is the start to a balanced life.
March 2020 Mid Month Review | An inside look at my 2020 goals and Level 10 Life plan
Hello everyone. I found it really hard to write about my passions this week with the world in chaos. Instead, I thought I would tell you a little about my world, in particular, food service in the hospital. I work for a medium sized hospital, about 265 inpatient beds. We provide about 1500 meals per
2020 Goal List for March
- Work on rewrite for Forbidden— I am going to rename this book Starborn & The Red String of Fate. So far, I am greatly enjoying the rewrite of this novel. I am having fun getting to know the characters again. I hope to have it completed and published by December.
- Finish editing chapter 4, 5, and 6 of the Repentant Son—nope, not yet. But after looking through it again, I realize that I need to work on my pacing.
Pacing is my weakness when it comes to writing. It is something I am diligently working on. A good writer writes at a pace to help move the scene along and add to the emotion of the event taking place.
Shows I’ve Watched
- Three Lives, Three Worlds: The Pillow Book: I love this series! It is awesome. I couldn’t wait on it to finish coming out, so I started watching it on falldrama.com. Fall drama seems to have the dramas out the quickest with subtitles showing up each week. Anyway, I can say enough about this drama. I love Vigo performance with Dilraba. They make a great acting pair, the chemistry is awesome and the visuals spectacular.
- The Killing of Three Thousand Crows: So far, this drama rates right up there along with Three Lives, Three Worlds: The Pillow Book. The cast is fantastic! I love the main leads. Stories of magic and intrigue, betrayal and romance, adventure and revenge, just to me. I can’t wait to see where this story will lead.
- Skate into Love: So far, I give this drama 3 stars. I am not thrilled with the main characters. There isn’t much chemistry. The story line is interesting though however it progresses very slowly. I am 13 episodes into this one. I can already guess how it will end up.
Other Bullets That Weren’t Bullets
I read a book this month called Releasing the Gods by Leia Stone and Jaymin Eve. I am going to post a book review on it soon. I really like this book. I have read books by these authors before. They work well together.
We bought 4 new chickens this month: Oden, Puffkins, Peeps, and Queenie. Unfortunately Queenie didn’t make it, but the other chickens are doing good.
And a picture of the babies after three weeks…..by the way, the boys are having fun with them. They keep them in their room as that is the one room the cat can’t get into.
A Review of My March BUJO Doodles
In The Garden
My garden is coming along right nicely. So far, I have planted 2 tomatoes (beefy tomatoes) my dad gave me, edamame daikon radishes, big jim red peppers, chinese cabbage, early summer squash, corn and carrots. My garden plan differs a little from year to year, depending on my mood.
This month has been a busy month. I haven’t been as productive as I would have liked with my writing, but I feel the itch to start again. One of my goals for April is to complete chapters 6, 7, and 8 of Starborn. I can’t wait to see what I can come up with!
My April Bullet Journal Setup
For April, I feel like changing it up a little bit. Cherry blossoms are in bloom, but I wanted to draw more than just cherry trees. After looking at different sketches online, I found some that are black backgrounds with red moons, and cherry blossom trees. LOL…..I just found my theme for april!
If you haven’t already joined the Bullet Journal Lifestyle Tribe on Facebook—-please do! This group is slowly growing and I would love to have you in it.