Level 10 Life First Quarter Goals
- Go on a date once per month—done
- Watch a movie together once a month—-done
This month hubby and I went to the Peddler. It was like walking into a hobbit hole. We waited for more than 2 hours for a table. The food wasn’t the best, but the service was great.
Our movie for this month was Train to Busan on Netflix. One of my favorite actors was in that movie. Although it was a zombie apocalypse type deal, it was really a good movie. I liked the story line and the unsung hero at the end.
- Plan the week with kids (teach them how to manage their time)–I think i”m going to throw in the towel on this one. My boys just don’t seem to be getting it. I think i need to figure out a better way to help them plan and manage their time rather than bullet journaling. My thing doesn’t have to be their thing.
- Go on a date once per quarter with kids—My youngest son and I met up with my sister and nephew at the Kolanche Factory. That place is awesome! My oldest broke his collar bone so our date consisted of subway and the ER. The whole family went out to Inky’s for philly cheese steaks (courtesy of hubby). It was nice sitting down together to eat at a restaurant. With a family of 5, that doesn’t happen often.
- Go on an outing once per quarter—Done!
This month we went to the mall and walked around twice. After grabbing a bubble tea from the new store in Haywood Mall, we grabbed a bite to eat. I even took my boys and their friend out one day. It was great just getting out of the house for some exercise.
We also had a stay in superbowl party. Chicken wings, chips and dip, veggies and beer! It was fun. My hubby and my oldest pulled for opposing teams so the house was kind of loud that night.
I finished reading Job this month and started on Psalms. My reading has slowed down these past two weeks. I am going to have to make it a focus again so that I don’t slack off.
Also, I moved from focusing and tuning my root chakra to understanding the natural flow of my sacral chakra. Between meditation and yoga, I do feel more energetic and calm throughout the day.
When looking through my blog stats, I noticed I had a lot of visitors on my post about creating a garden bullet journal. Using my bullet journal for gardening has been helpful when planning my time and planning out what to grow for the year. You can check out my garden bullet journal post by clicking here.
Post Each Week:
January 2020 End of Month Review| An inside look at my 2020 goals and my Level 10 Life plan. Plus a glance at my February Bullet Journal setup
Bullet Journal Future Log Page| 6 Future Log Spread Ideas with Bullet Journal Examples and Future Log Layout Ideas
How to Create Your Garden Journal Using The Bullet Journal Method | Setting up your garden bullet journal has never been so easy. Keep your garden collections in one place and track your garden’s growth. Click through to learn more….
February 2020 Mid Month Review | An inside look at my 2020 goals and Level 10 Life plan
Bullet Journal Monthly Spread | Monthly spreads are a great way to focus your energy and set the tone for the month. They set you up for success and hold you accountable for achieving your goals.
2020 Goal List for February
Make Self Care A Priority—Although I didn’t get to focus on self care during week 6, I put a heavy focus on it during week 7, 8, & 9. Week 7 was my vacation week. I painted my nails, took a long bath, read a book, and had a massage for the first time in a very long time.
Buy Something For Myself— I treated myself to a BTS mediheal kit. It is awesome. My pack has 2 different face masks in it. One is the Mediheal W.H.P. White Hydrating Black Mask. The other is the Mediheal Teatree Care Solution Essential Mask. I have used them both and absolutely love them! The red around my T area has completely disappeared. I even feel good going without makeup (which I never do!)
Also, I bought the complete season of Avatar. I have wanted this anime for a long time, but never allowed myself to spend money. Finally, I just did it. It felt weird to spend money on myself, but it was a good weird. I even drew a picture of the avatar in my bullet journal—just because.
Declutter the bedroom—Well it stayed clean for about a week. I did however buy a nice green leafy plant to go in the window. It feel good to look at it. Peaceful. ZENFULNESS (Yes—i made up the word)
Create a page for each novel— So far I have made a page for The Curse of Judas. I am happy with how this page has come out. I also made a preview for a snippet from the book.
- Work on rewrite for Forbidden— I think I am going to rename this series. I have been giving it a lot of thought. Starborn series sounds better than the Sanctorian series. Also, I want to include Forbidden in the title so I think it will be Starborn: A Forbidden String of Fate. It sounds more interesting than simply Forbidden. I have managed to cut out a good bit of fluff from the first 4 chapters. I can’t wait to finish up this rewrite and republish this book. As the first novel I had written, I have high hopes for it.
- Finish editing chapter 4, 5, and 6 of the Repentant Son—nope, not yet.
Shows I’ve Watched
- Three Lives, Three Worlds: The Pillow Book started to air this month. I have been waiting on this series since I heard they were going to shoot it. So far, I am 34 episodes in, and I LOVE IT!!!
- The Game Towards Zero: Although the title is misleading, this series is pretty good too. I don’t usually get into crime dramas, but this one has a supernatural twist that has grabbed my attention and made me question what will happen next.
- MOVIE NIGHT WITH HUBBY: Train to Busan 5 stars
- Dreaming Back to the Qing Dynasty: 5 stars. I cried like a little baby on this one. I mean really really cried, snot dripping and everything.
- Forest: This series just started this month too. I don’t know if I’m going to like this one or if I will finish it. So far, it is all right but there is nothing that really grabs me like the other ones.
Other Bullets That Weren’t Bullets
I read a book and posted a review of it. This is the first book review I have done in a while. I was looking for a good vampire romance and landed upon a novel by Charlene Hartnady called Chosen by the Vampire Kings.
I read another book, but I didn’t post a review. It really wasn’t my speed. I have learned not to post reviews unless I can put a 4 or higher. Although I didn’t prefer this book, the author worked hard to write it. As an author, I understand the struggle.
I had another health coaching appointment on the 5th of this month and again on the 26th. My coach wanted me to start tracking my stress level. I added a mini tracker to my weekly spread. So far, the trend is that I have a low stress level at the beginning of the week. However, by Friday, my stress is out the roof. I need to utilize more stress relieving practices, especially toward the end of the week so that I can keep my stress under control.
Oh yeah, it snowed this week too! Although it didn’t last long, I enjoyed snuggling with my puppy on the couch while playing Skyrim and watching the snow fall. It was nice.
I have put a heavy focus on self care this month. I was ready for the time off from work to rest and reenergize. I feel my drive is slowly coming back. January was a hard month, and the first week of February was even harder. There is still a lot I want to accomplish and bullets I haven’t checked off as of yet for the quarter.
I am having fun adding spreads to my bullet journal. My favorite spread so far this month has to be my week 9 spread. I like the flowers and pink is my color.
I even stepped out of my comfort zone and took a selfie! That might not seem like anything major to most, but for me it is a big deal.
I need to find a good medium between work and home, and a way to keep my stress level from reaching epic points when I return to work. Meditation does seem to help, but I am having a hard time finding a quiet moment where I can focus my energy for ten or so minutes at a time during the week.
My March Bullet Journal Setup
For March, i have been strangely attracted to Koi fish. I don’t know if it is the yin and yang within me balancing itself or if it is the sacral chakra meditation and yoga sessions which revolve around water that is drawing me to this creature. Either way, the Koi, its grace, its beauty and elegance has captured my attention for this month.
If you haven’t already joined the Bullet Journal Lifestyle Tribe on Facebook—-please do! This group is slowly growing and I would love to have you in it.