This year is flying by quicker than I would like. It is hard to imagine that February is already half way gone. I feel like I haven’t been able to get a lot accomplished so far this month (although I know I have).
I’ve been on vacation since February 8th. I have to go back to work on the 17th. I can’t say that I am happy to go back, but i know it is necessary.
Level 10 Life First Quarter Goals
- Go on a date once a month—done! Doug and I went to The Peddler. You can check out their website here. We waited for more than 2 hours to be seated, but the atmosphere and the wine were delicious.
- Watch a movie together once a month—-done! We watched Train to Busan on Netflix. It was a really good zombie apocalypse movie. Nothing like Resident Evil or Warm Bodies, but this movie was worth the watch. 5 stars!
- Go on a vacation together this year
- Plan the week with kids— This hasn’t gone so well this month, but every day is a new chance to start again.
- Go on a date once per quarter with kids—done! Bradley and I went to the Kolanche Factory for breakfast. It was wonderful! Cody and I, however, spent our date in the ER. He broke his collar bone playing football without wearing pads. We went to subway afterwards. He wouldn’t stop talking due to the medication.
- Go on an outing once per quarter—done! We went to Hendersonville in January.
- Finish reading the old testament—so far I have read through 27 chapters of Job. I hope to finish Job and start on Psalms before the end of the month.
- Journal, Journal, Journal—I have written in my journal only a few times so far this month, however I have added quite a few spreads to my bullet journal. I am having fun drawing.
2020 Goal List for February
Make Self Care A Priority—Although I didn’t get to focus on self care during week 6, I put a heavy focus on it during week 7 (my vacation week). I painted my nails, took a long bath, read a book, and had a massage for the first time in a very long time.
Buy Something For Myself— I treated myself to a BTS mediheal kit. I can’t wait to try it out. Also, I bought the complete season of Avatar. I have wanted this anime for a long time, but never allowed myself to spend money. Finally, I just did it. It felt weird to spend money on myself, but it was a good weird.
Declutter the bedroom—-I started working on this, but I haven’t finished yet. I hope to finish this task this week. I don’t have a lot left to go through.
Update Garden Posts–So far I have updated 1 post in this category:
How to Create Your Garden Journal Using The Bullet Journal Method | Setting up your garden bullet journal has never been so easy. Keep your garden collections in one place and track your garden’s growth. Click through to learn more….
Publish 1 post each week–so far so good! Check out what I have posted in February
Create a page for each novel— So far I have made a page for The Curse of Judas. I am happy with how this page has come out. I also made a preview for a snippet from the book.the curse of judas by cynthia brandel
- Work on rewrite for Forbidden— I think I am going to rename this series. I have been giving it a lot of thought. Starborn series sounds better than the Sanctorian series. Also, I want to include Forbidden in the title so I think it will be Starborn: A Forbidden String of Fate. It sounds more interesting than simply Forbidden. I have managed to cut out a good bit of fluff from the first 4 chapters. I can’t wait to finish up this rewrite and republish this book. As the first novel I had written, I have high hopes for it.
- Finish editing chapter 4, 5, and 6 of the Repentant Son—nope, not yet.
Shows I’ve Watched
- Three Lives, Three Worlds: The Pillow Book started to air this month. I have been waiting on this series since I heard they were going to shoot it. So far, I am 20 episodes in, and I LOVE IT!!!
- The Game Towards Zero: Although the title is misleading, this series is pretty good too. I don’t usually get into crime dramas, but this one has a supernatural twist that has grabbed my attention and made me question what will happen next.
- MOVIE NIGHT WITH HUBBY: Train to Busan 5 stars
- Dreaming Back to the Qing Dynasty: 5 stars. I cried like a little baby on this one. I mean really really cried, snot dripping and everything.
- Forest: This series just started this month too. I don’t know if I’m going to like this one or if I will finish it. So far, it is all right but there is nothing that really grabs me like the other ones.
Other Bullets That Weren’t Bullets
I read a book and posted a review of it. This is the first book review I have done in a while. I was looking for a good vampire romance and landed upon a novel by Charlene Hartnady called Chosen by the Vampire Kings.
I had another health coaching appointment on the 5th of this month. My coach wants me to start tracking my stress level. I think I am going to add a spread into my bullet journal with a weekly mini tracker for this.
Oh yeah, it snowed this week too! Although it didn’t last long, I enjoyed snuggling with my puppy on the couch while playing Skyrim and watching the snow fall. It was nice.
I have put a heavy focus on self care this month. I was ready for the time off from work to rest and reenergize. I feel my drive is slowly coming back. January was a hard month, and the first week of February was even harder. There is still a lot I want to accomplish and bullets I haven’t checked off as of yet for the quarter.
I am having fun adding spreads to my bullet journal. My favorite spread so far this month has to be my week 7 spread. I like the flowers and pink is my color.
I even stepped out of my comfort zone and took a selfie! That might not seem like anything major to most, but for me it is a big deal.
I need to find a good medium between work and home, and a way to keep my stress level from reaching epic points when I return to work. Meditation does seem to help, but I am having a hard time finding a quiet moment where I can focus my energy for ten or so minutes at a time.
So, for the second half of this month, I am going to focus on pinpointing my stressors and how to change them or avoid them for my benefit.
How do you best manage your stress? Leave me a note in the comments below.