It’s the middle of the month already! Where has time gone? I can’t believe today is the 15th. Just yesterday it was New Year’s and I was watching the ball drop.
Time stops for no man. Live each day like there is no tomorrow.Tweet
I can’t say that I’ve been happy so far this month. I have worked more hours than I would have liked and spent part of the first 15 days sick with the stomach flu.
What I can say is that I am trudging along and making slow progress toward my goals. But hey! Even slow progress is still progress.
Level 10 Life First Quarter Goals
- Go on a date once a month—done!
- Watch a movie together once a month—-done!
- Go on a vacation together this year
- Plan the week with kids— Completed week 1, 2, and 3
- Go on a date once per quarter with kids—not yet
- Go on an outing once per quarter—Done!
We went to Hendersonville, North Carolina for a day trip and walked around. I love this little tourist trap. It is a great place to walk and take pictures.
- Finish reading the old testament—so far I have finished Ezra and Nehemiah. I just started on Esther this week.
- Journal, Journal, Journal—Check Mark!
2020 Goal List for January
Go on a date with my hubby—went to the Lighthouse Restaurant. This is a beautiful little gem hidden away in the mountains on the edge of Lake Keowee. If you’ve never been there it is definitely worth the visit. The food is phenomenal. The scenery isn’t bad either. https://lighthousekeowee.com/
Watch a movie with the family— we watched the new Aladdin. It was a good movie overall, but I’m not so big into musicals.
Plan each week with the kids (teaching them how to plan their time)–though reluctant, the kiddos sat down with me and planned out their week. My oldest used his chromebook and googledocs and my youngest used his bullet journal.
Declutter the bathroom—-nope. I haven’t even attempted this one yet! But I still have 15 days to go.
Update Bullet Journal Series Posts–So far I have updated 2 posts in the BJS Series:
Bullet Journal Lifestyle | Bullet journal information right at your fingertips. Learn about the benefits of keeping a bullet journal and how easy it can be to live an intentional and productive life.
How To Make A Bullet Journal For Beginners| Bullet journal setup made simple. Bullet journal page ideas and examples at your fingertips.
Publish 1 post each week–so far so good! Check out what I have posted in January
Schedule Tailwind for January—I looked at Tailwind for week 1 and week 2 but I haven’t had the chance to schedule for week 3. Maybe tomorrow night I will be able to get to it.
Writing Goals for January
- Post free eBook for Curse of Judas—-Not yet
- Create a page for each novel on blog—nope.
- Finish editing chapter 4, 5, and 6 of the Repentant Son—nope but I did add 30 more pages to the rewrite of Forbidden (Book 1 of the Sanctorian Series)
Shows I’ve Watched
- The Taoism Grandmaster: Loved it! 5 Stars
- The Witcher Season 1: 4 Stars
- The Romance of Hua Rong: I love this comedy. I haven’t finished it yet. I’ve watched 16 out of 24 episodes
- Royal Nirvana: I am having a hard time getting into this one, but I hope to finish it. I’ve watched 3 out of 60 episodes
- MOVIE NIGHT WITH HUBBY: The Karate Kid
- The Prince of Tennis: 4 Stars
- Love the Way You Are: So far, I love this show, and I haven’t been able to figure out the plot twist that I know is coming. I’ve watched 8 out of 12 episodes
- Yanxi Palace Princess Adventure: 3 stars. This one kind of let me down a little bit. I was hoping it would be as good as Yanxi Palace but it wasn’t.
Other Bullets That Weren’t Bullets
I went to the doctor this week for the first time since 2011. I’m healthy as a horse but my stress levels are well through the roof. My doctor gave me a list of meditation practices and yoga exercises to try to see if I can center myself and release some of the stress I have been holding on to.
I have a health coach appointment tomorrow about the exact same thing. I have been sleeping better recently. I don’t know if it is because of the extreme number of hours I have spent working or if i am just worn out, but it is nice to sleep all night without waking up.
Small steps are still steps. There is a lot I want to do this month, and honestly I am already running out of steam. So, here I am, sharing with you—you wonderful, habitual self improving, motivated, and uplifting tribe of people in hopes for a little encouragement & advice. Leave me a note in the comments below. How do you re energize when you are running out of steam?