Another month has come and gone!
February was a month of redirection for me.
I am more determined now that ever to quit my corporate job and work for myself.
But more on that later. Let’s right in, shall we?
Revisit My 2019 Goals
After two months of posting daily journal prompts on Twitter, I’ve come to the realization that the act of posting was not bringing any value to my blog nor was it driving traffic to CynthiaBrandel.com
I still write in my journal daily, but it is more of a written prayer of gratitude and desires.
Keep a positive mindset
This one was tough this month. It’s not easy working 60+ hours a week at my day job and then coming home and putting in more hours on my blog while trying to find a work-life balance for my family.
For half of the month, my family and I were fighting off a viral cold. It was awful and took forever to go away.
Although I wouldn’t say that I completely dropped the ball with this goal, I did struggle more than I did in January.
Read through the Bible in one year
I’m a little bit behind on this one. I have started streaming chapters and listening to them on the way to work in the morning. This has helped a lot.
Keeping my focus on my relationship with God has brought me through the tough days this month.
Publish four novels
Editing of The Repentant Son is 25% complete.
Outline of The Sanctorian Series Rewrite is 45% complete.
Read 25 books
I didn’t have any time to read this month. Still only have 1 out of 25 books knocked off this list.
Spend time outside at least twice a week
February has been a very cold and wet month. Not much I can do about going outside.
My hubby and I went to Hendersonville, NC for the first time and explored the shops there. We spent the whole day roaming around the NC mountains.
I did get to go out with the girls from work and eat at the Olive Garden.
Wake up at 4am daily
I woke up early for the majority of the month. 4 am is the difference between success and failure.
Waking up early helps me to start the day right. I have been able to focus on my blog daily and even meditate on occasion.
Tracking My Moods Daily:
I stopped tracking my moods. Although this is a good practice, I find I am tired and overwhelmed more often than not.
Looking at my tracker was depressing….so I stopped tracking.
Life is all lemons right now, but I am looking forward to when things slow down and I can finally make some lemonade.
Shows I Have Watched
- I Will Never Let You Go
- The Last Empress
- Jurassic World
- Jupiter Ascending
- The Legend of Hao Lan
Favorite Quote of the Month:
“It is what it is.”
- Updated the Bullet Journal Series for SEO
- Posted lots of new pins on Pinterest
- Signed up for affiliate marketing through ShareASale, RakutenMarketing, SeedsNow, CJ Affiliates, and Amazon.
- Added to my editorial calendar and learned how to add drop-down menus to the excel sheet.
- Added disclaimer to all blog posts.
- Learned how to use reusable blocks on WordPress.
- Updated my newsletter template
- Created a Bullet Journal and Gardening landing page
- Updated the About Me page
- Added to the Library of Freebies
Posted every 3 days meeting my goal for the month. I created new images and learned how to embed Pinterest pins into a blog post.
- How To Create A Garden Journal Using The Bullet Journal Method
- How To Plan Your Garden
- 6 Things To Include In Your Daily Routine
- 16 Essential Plants To Grow During The Spring Season
- Beginners Guide To Living An Organized Life
- 85 Non-Perishable Foods For A Well-Stocked Pantry
- Bullet Journal Blogs: 18 Bloggers You Need To Follow In 2019
- Why Everyone Needs A Bullet Journal In Their Life & How To Make One
- How I Saved $17+ Shopping On Amazon Prime Pantry
|Website Traffic (Visitors/Views)||298/412|
|Blog Subscribers||Up by 22|
|Email Subscribers||Up by 15|
|Pinterest Followers||Up by 38|
|Twitter Followers||Up by 54|
|Facebook Followers||Up by 46|
- Used Walmart Grocery Pickup for the first time and LOVED it!!!!!
- Saved money shopping on Amazon Prime Pantry
- Paid for annual renewal of WordPress, Grammarly, and Microsoft Office
Looking Ahead At March
March looks like it will be just as busy as February. I hope to start working on a new product idea (more about that in the months ahead).
One of my goal for March is to make my first affiliate sale!
Looking For More To Read?
- Stepping Back To Move Forward
- Finding Your Drive When You Are All Out Of Gas
- Book Review: Braving The Elements by K. F. Breene
- Book Review: Into The Darkness by K. F. Breene
- Which Point Of View Is Best When Writing A Story