Some may call me crazy and others insane, but I fell in love with Hatter (the character) from the moment I met him. I am obsessed. I love anything and everything Hatter.
“If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn’t. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn’t be. And what it wouldn’t be, it would. You see?” —–Hatter
This is my favorite edition of Lewis Carroll’s Novel.
Illustrated by Sir John Tenniel
Daily Observances Around the World
Day of Commemoration and National Mourning (Turkmenistan)
Dukla Pass Victims Day (Slovakia)
German-American Day (United States)
Memorial Day for the Martyrs of Arad (Hungary) (According to legend the victorious Austrian generals were drinking beer and arrogantly clinking their beer mugs together in celebration of Hungary’s defeat. This symbolic gesture of honoring is still common in Hungary. To find out more click here)
National Noodle Day (United States)
Teachers’ Day (Sri Lanka)
Armed Forces Day (Egypt)
Tishreen Liberation Day (Syria)
Thai Ramen Pumpkin Soup Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 teaspoons ginger, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups shitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 15 ounces light coconut milk
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons sriracha
- 2 chicken breasts
- 4 ounces ramen noodles
- Heat onion, olive oil, ginger, and garlic in a skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and cook for 2-3 minutes longer.
- Add coconut milk, broth, pumpkin, sriracha, and chicken breasts. Simmer until chicken is fully cooked. Remove chicken breasts and shred.
- Return to soup with ramen noodles.
- Stir noodles until tender.
- Season with salt & pepper. Top with cilantro and additional sriracha.
[Recipe by Rachel Schultz]
What’s your favorite way to eat ramen? Do you eat it plain or dress it up? Reply in the comments section below. I am always looking for new and interesting things to try.
Come and Take It Day
Garlic Lovers Day (Did you know that garlic is a superfood! That’s right. It’s good for you. To find out about the health benefits of eating garlic click here)
Inter-American Water Day
International Frugal Fun Day (This is a good day to get out of the house and go window shopping downtown or visit the park!)
Jackie Mayer Rehab Day
Mad Hatter Day
National German American Day
National Noodle Day
National Physician’s Assistant Day
National Plus Size Appreciation Day
World Card Making Day (Make your own Halloween cards with www.bigdiyideas.com)
Why Vampires Are Terrified Of Garlic by garlicshaker.com
1. Vampires fear garlic because of the powerful sweet smell.
2. Garlic can be a cause of Alliumphobia in vampires that is mainly cause by the curative properties of the allicin compound.
3. Vampires are bloodsuckers that will not suck blood that contains antibacterial from garlic. This is because they suffer from Poporphyritic hemophilia, which is a deficiency of red blood cells that will lead to the killing of the bacteria they need to live
4. Vampires are allergic to garlic bulbs and don’t like Italian food.
5. Garlic will make the blood poisonous for the blood-sucking vampires, thus making them stay away from people who have eaten it.
6. Garlic is a natural remedy for many diseases, including antibacterial properties which makes the vampires scared since it may provide and prevent infections.
7. Vampire’s blood is infected with a property that can be cured by garlic.
8. Historically, garlic is a major way to keep off anything associated with evil spirits or even vampires and other blood-sucking insects.
9. Vampires do not like shiny and reflective items, which is the case for garlic bulbs for they are white and shiny during the night.
How To Use Garlic To Keep Vampires Away
- Make sure you have an adequate supply. Don’t run out for goodness sake there are vampires around! Buy bags and bags of it!
- Hang cloves of garlic on every entry to your house. This includes the chimneys, doors, windows and the gate entries. Ensure that you have also rubbed some on your keyhole to ensure that the vampires cannot peep into your house.
- Hang a garlic wreath around everyone’s neck.
- Eat some linguine with clam sauce, and double up on the garlic.
Here are the answers to yesterday’s quiz as promised:
1. David Niven
2. Goldfinger (1964)
3. “A View to a Kill” by Duran Duran in 1985
4. Roald Dahl (author of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory)
5. “Bond, James Bond.”
6. Paul McCartney & Wings
7. From Russia With Love (1963)
8. Thunderball (1965)
9. Octopussy (1983), played by Maud Adams
10. Cassandra Harris (married Pierce Brosnan)
11. Die Another Day (2002)
12. Pierce Brosnan
13. Diana Rigg
14. Jill St. John
15. A third nipple
16. “Nobody Does It Better” by Carly Simon
18. Casino Royale (2006)
20. License to Kill (1989)
21. Tomorrow Never Dies (1997)
22. Denise Richards (as Dr. Christmas Jones) in The World is Not Enough (1999)
[Quiz and Answers From James Bond trivia, from Dr. No to Skyfall]
If you enjoyed this post and would like to see more please subscribe to my blog. Share this post with your friends via the media links below.
Tomorrow’s Post Topic: Pumpkin Carving Tools For The Amateur Pumpkin Carver
About Cynthia Brandel
Other than being an awesome mom and a devoted wife, Cynthia is an avid explorer traveling through the galaxy of her mind meeting new and interesting people along the way. Her destination is unknown, but the fun is in the journey.
Cynthia’s first exploration took her to the world of Sanctoria, a place full of magic and mystery. After falling in love and leading an army to war, Cynthia left Sanctoria and continued on her journey.
Currently, Cynthia resides in one of the Revenant cities on Earth. What mysteries will the city hold and where will Cynthia end up? Who knows? But you can guarantee that Cynthia will tell us all about it in The Curse of Judas (Book 1 of the Revenant City Series). Check out a preview of the first two chapters for free.