There are different types of videos to consider.
- Introductory: All about you and your mission
- Explanatory: Functions and inner workings
- Problem/Solution: Shows a concern and a possible solution
- Narrative: Use of plot and character to convey a message
- Drive Action: Incite to action (Shop Now)
- Product Focus: Showcase a feature or function
- Testimonial: Interviews, quotes, soundbites with customers around a theme
- Endorsement: Celebrity influence and Marketing
- Informative: Educate your audience about something specific
- Entertainment: Inspire your audience with the use of a story or humor
Think of a promotional video as a commercial for your book. The video needs to hook the interest of potential consumers and draw them in. There also needs to be a call to action at the end.
“Buy here! Shop now! Preorder your copy today!”
Here is an example of a short promotional video for
Forsaken: Book Two of the Sanctorian Series
Here are some reasons why you should create a promotional video
- Improves Brand Awareness
- Drives Sales/Traffic
- Increases Customer Engagement
- Educates Customers
Before you pay to have a promotional video created or spend the time and effort to create one yourself, you need to answer some questions:
- What is your goal? What will this video help you achieve?
- Where will the video appear? (TV, Website, Blog, Media)
- How much are you willing to spend? Will there be a return on sales (profit over investment)?
There are a lot of elements that go into making a promotional video. If using an outside service provider, make sure you check their reviews. Do the grunt work before you purchase their services. You want to get what you pay for.